Unintended pregnancy can be a daunting experience. You might feel anxious about your choices and the outcome of your pregnancy. This page is meant to empower you to make a decision that is right for you and leaves you feeling confident.
Get Information About Your Pregnancy
YOU are unique, and so is your pregnancy situation. Getting information about YOUR unique situation can narrow the options available to YOU and help YOU make a choice that fits YOU. When getting information about your pregnancy, start with these steps:
- Verify your pregnancy- after a home pregnancy test, obtain a lab-grade pregnancy test. Though not common, home pregnancy tests can return false results.
- Obtain an ultrasound– for vital information needed to make a decision:
- Viability- An ultrasound will confirm if your pregnancy is viable (has a heartbeat and is growing.) Up to 20% of pregnancies end in miscarriage. It is important that you find out if your pregnancy has naturally ended. You might need treatment for a miscarriage.
- Date and gestational age- Ultrasounds establish how far along your pregnancy is. This is essential information. If you are considering abortion, the gestational age can alter the options available. For example, the abortion pill is only FDA-approved for pregnancies up to 10 weeks.
- Location- In an ectopic pregnancy, a pregnancy grows outside the uterus. This condition is dangerous for women, so immediate treatment is required and sometimes is an emergency situation.
Learn About All of Your Options
Do you know all of your options? Feel confident in your pregnancy decision by gathering information about your options.
- Parenting- Are you considering raising your child? Learn about what you and your baby will need by taking classes on parenting and finding out what resources will be available to you.
- Adoption- Adoption has changed a lot. Today’s birth mothers can choose the family for their baby and the type of adoption that works best for them. Learn about the different kinds of adoptions available.
- Abortion- Learn more about the different abortion procedures, risks (physical and mental), and recovery
Don’t Feel Pressured
Deciding the outcome of your pregnancy can be challenging. It might seem easier to let someone else, like your partner or parents, choose for you. This decision is yours and will affect the rest of your life.
Obtain pregnancy testing and an ultrasound at Eleveir Women’s Center. We can also provide more information on pregnancy and your options.
It can help to share your thoughts with someone in a professional and supportive environment; we are here for that too!
Contact us today to let us know how we can help.